Macklin School was
established in 1909, when a one room school was built on the site of the
present school. In 1912, this building was moved to make room for a three room
brick school. In October 1934, disaster struck. Macklin’s now seven room school
was destroyed by fire. Despite the depression another brick building was built
with five rooms and a full basement. In 1954 an addition with more classrooms,
an office and furnace room was added.
In 1984, the 1934 and
1954 portions of the school were demolished to make way for another addition
which was completed in 1985. This addition increased the classrooms to
thirteen, plus an Industrial Arts and Fine Arts room, resource center, computer
area, staff room, phys. ed. storage room, dental clinic, office area and new
shower rooms. After the closing of Senlac school, two portables were added to
the south side of the school. The final addition in 2008 was another gymnasium
with bath/change rooms.
currently has just over 400 students from grade PreK to 12, with 28 teachers,
20 educational assistants, 2 secretaries and 3 caretakers.