Please note that the scholarships highlighted in green were open to students during the 2017-18 year.  As they become available again this year, they will appear in black font. 

Battleford's Agency Tribal Chiefs Award

Deadline:  June 12, 2018

A $500 award for a graduate displaying outstanding attendance and academic excellence who is pursuing post-secondary studies and who is a registered member of a BATC First Nation.  If no applicants are from BATC, then the award may be awarded to a registered member of any First Nation.  Visit the SSO for an application.

Battlefords and District Chapter Superannuated Teachers of Saskatchewan

Deadline:  June 15, 2018

Any grade 12 student who is planning on attending a post-secondary institute during the 2018-19 year is encouraged to apply for this $500 Scholarship.  Winners are randomly chosen and are NOT based on highest academics.  Applications are available at the SSO.

Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers National Scholarship

Deadline:  June 15, 2018

A national award of $6,000 and 6 regional awards of $2,000 each is available to students who are or who have family members that are CFIG members.

Connaught School Alumni Award

Deadline:  June 12, 2018

$250 to a former student of Connaught who plans on pursuing post-secondary education. 

Gold Eagle Casino Award

Deadline:  June 12, 2018

A $1,000 award for an aboriginal student attending post-secondary in the fall.  Application forms are available in SSO.  Attendance and academics will be considered.

Jack Moore Royal Canadian Legion Scholarship

Deadline:  August 28, 2018

10 x $300 scholarships and 10 x $300 bursaries are available. You must be a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a veteran, a still-serving military member or a RCMP member.  Visit the website for more information and to apply.

National Union Scholarships

Deadline:  July 6, 2018

Applicant MUST be a child/grandchild of National Union of Public and General Employees' members to qualify.  Please visit the website for additional information, requirements and application forms.

            Terry Fox Memorial Scholarship - $1,500

            Tommy Douglas Scholarship - $1,500

            Scholarship for Indigenous Student - $1,500

            Scholarship for Student of Colour - $1,500

            Brian Fudge Memorial Scholarship - $1,500

North Battleford Home Hardware Building Centre Construction Award

Deadline:  (local - based ona cademics and determined by the school - no need to apply)

A $250 award for a student who excels in Construction 30. 

Saskatchewan Hockey Association

Deadline:  August 31, 2018

Eleven $1,000 grants are available to SHA registered members who meet the criteria outline online.  Please visit their website for more information and to apply.

Saskatchewan School Boards Association Scholarships

Deadline:  August 31, 2018

Based on demonstrated good character, community leadership, financial need and a 500-word essay, there are two $2,500 scholarships available – one for a degree program and one for a technical/trade program.  Visit the website for more information and to apply.

Society of Petroleum Engineers - Lloydminster Section Scholarship

Deadline:  September 7, 2018

Two $1,000 scholarships are available for students from a high school from Lloydminster or surrounding areas who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institute majoring in science or engineering with relationship to the petroleum industry.  More information and the application form can be found online.

Tri-West Teachers Association


Deadline:  Sept. 30, 2018 (but feel free to submit at the end of June so you don’t forget)  


There are three Level 1 - $1,000 scholarships available based on marks (highest averages in English 30A, English 30B a 30 level Social Science and four electives at the 20 or 30 level) and proof of enrollment.  There is also two Level II - $1,000 scholarships for students who are registered in a college of education in a Saskatchewan or Alberta university.  A transcript, reference and summary of school and extra-curricular activities is required, along with proof of registration.

Tyler Bieber Memorial Scholarship - Western Academy Broadcasting College

Deadline:  July 20, 2018

In memory of the Humboldt Broncos play-by-play announcer and their players, this scholarship with amounts that vary, is available to students attending the Broadcasting Programs offered by Western Academy.  For more information, visit the SSO but you MUST apply online.  Visit the website for more information.