Luseland School Scholarship – Scholarship looks at student academics, school and community involvement, and demonstration of moral intelligences
Luseland Credit Union Scholarships – The Credit Union will give a presentation to students on the scholarships. Applications will be distributed to students at this time.
Luseland SCC Scholarships – There are two scholarships presented to Luseland School students. One is awarded to a student entering University and one is awarded to a student entering a Technical School. Award is based on highest average. This award is determined by school administration and no application is necessary.
L.J. Meier Scholarship – This $500 scholarship is awarded to a graduating student of Luseland School who has been accepted into and is pursuing higher education in the fields of Medicine and/or Nursing. The awardee will have the highest average.
Delta Coop Scholarship – see the form below for more details It involves a video/photo scavenger hunt.
Royal Bank Scholarship (Occasionally) – This scholarship is not presented every year. The winner is chosen by school scholarship committee.
Our Lady of the Prairies – awarded to a student who submits the best portfolio. Application form, rubric and guidelines are below.
Tri West Teachers Association Scholarships – There are five scholarships of $1000 available. They are presented to child of a Tri West member attending university, child of a Tri West member attending non-university post secondary institute, a Tri West student attending university, a Tri West student attending a non-university post secondary institute, and a Tri West student or child of a Tri West member entering a college of education. See Application form below.
Living Sky School Division Educational Enhancement Awards
The Living Sky School Division Educational Enhancement Award is available to grade 7-12 students of any ability level who wish to access an educational opportunity during the summer in an area at which they excel. Special needs students with exceptional talents for students of like ability are also eligible.
Eligible educational opportunities may include activities such as the fine arts, sports, academic pursuits, and civic studies. In the past, students have received bursaries to attend summer camps focusing on one of the areas mentioned above.
Award amounts will be determined based upon applications received and funds available. The application must be completed by all applicants and submitted to Luseland School by June 5th, 2018. Applications will then be forwarded from our school to the division office.
Please see the following link for details and the application form: Link.
Lsky Educational Enhancement Award Application.pdf
CUPE 4747 SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
1. Student must have a parent/guardian be a permanent member of CUPE Local 4747 for at least one full year.
2. Students must submit their application to CUPE Local 4747 including their high school marks and a short essay about the importance of a union to its members. It must be postmarked no later than April 20 of their graduating year.
3. Proof of attending a post-secondary school must be provided before the scholarship is paid out the following January by submitting a copy of your midterm or first year marks to the address below.
4. The CUPE 4747 Scholarship may be deferred for one year if the applicant is on a waiting list or not sure if attending a post-secondary school. A letter must be submitted to the scholarship committee with intent to be put on the waiting list.
5. Scholarship amount – $300.00.
6. When possible, a certificate will be given at the student’s graduation or awards ceremonies. The scholarship will be paid out directly to the student in January after receiving their postsecondary school progress marks.
7. Selection will be made by the CUPE Local 4747 executive.
CUPE 4747 Scholarship
c/o Andrea Figurski
PO Box 813